Electronic Visit Verification is required to be implemented as of January 1, 2021.
Attached and below are the following:
- DOH EVV technical assistance call on Tuesday, August 18. DOH has urged that all providers’ IT/technical folks be on the call to hear the DOH explanation
- A link to all of the billing codes that are subject to EVV effective 1-1-2021
- A link to the DOH draft Interface Control Document (ICD) for review and comment. The ICD describes the relationship between the Electronic Medicaid of New York (eMedNY) information system and EVV Submitters and specifies the requirements of both participating systems.
- EVV event calendar link
- Letter to CMS/Seema Verma urging an EVV implementation delay from ANCOR, ACCSES & other national provider associations.
#1 EVV TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE CALL
Following NYSDOH’s commitment for continued collaboration and communication with EVV stakeholders, NYSDOH would like to invite stakeholders to attend a Technical Assistance Call scheduled for Tuesday, August 18, 2-3 p.m. During this call we will be presenting a webinar on the following topics:
- Review of prerequisites to access the NYS EVV API Service
- Demo of the eMedNY Developer portal and the EVV API Sandbox
- Discussion of EVV API Best Practices
- Review of the multiple approaches to submit EVV Data to eMedNY
Please use the following link to register prior to the event: https://meetny.webex.com/meetny/onstage/g.php?MTID=e4dce88323cce69768cb5b7fdc2b65191
Additional details can be found here: https://www.health.ny.gov/health_care/medicaid/redesign/evv/tech_assist/index.htm
NYSDOH looks forward to continued collaboration with the EVV stakeholder community.
#2 List of billing codes that are subject to federal and state EVV requirements
These are effective 1-1-2021 and includes OPWDD com hab, respite, HCBS TBI, CDPA, etc.
#3 Interface Control Document (ICD)
As discussed on recent Technical Assistance Calls, NYSOH is posting a draft Interface Control Document (ICD) for review and comment. The ICD describes the relationship between the Electronic Medicaid of New York (eMedNY) information system and EVV Submitters and specifies the requirements of both participating systems. This includes the concept of operations, the file structure and protocols that govern the interchange of data, and the communication paths along which the data is expected to flow. The ICD can be found here.
Comments can be sent to EVVHelp@health.ny.gov.
#4 EVV Event Calendar
DOH will host a series of technical collaboration calls to assist with questions related to EVV implementation.
#5 Ancor letter urging EVV implementation delay
Click here to read the letter to CMS/Seema Verma urging an EVV implementation delay from ANCOR, ACCSES & other national provider associations.